How to pronounce "WeeWX"

Michi Kaa

Aug 12, 2019, 2:49:24 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
I've searched the docs, the forum, the web.

How is "WeeWX" pronounced?

Or maybe first: Is "WeeWX" pronounced? Or do you simply say "double u e e double u ex?" or "double u double e double u ex?" Is it an abbreviation? An akronym?

dunbrokin

Aug 12, 2019, 2:51:54 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
I pronounce it WeeWix!

Michi Kaa

Aug 12, 2019, 2:58:59 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user

Am Montag, 12. August 2019 08:51:54 UTC+2 schrieb monmul:
I pronounce it WeeWix!

Where I come from this would most likely be understood as "we masturbate".

Graham Eddy

Aug 12, 2019, 3:00:54 AM8/12/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
i pronounce it “wee-wux” with short ‘u'
____________
Graham Eddy

Andrew Milner

Thomas Keffer

Aug 12, 2019, 9:44:20 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM Michi Kaa <mits...@mailinator.com> wrote:

Where I come from this would most likely be understood as "we masturbate".

Makes you wonder about "wix.com".

Michi Kaa

Aug 12, 2019, 9:55:28 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
Well that's probably something similar to the Mitsubishi "Montero" which is known as "Pajero" over here, with the difference "wix.com" probably doesn't care about it.

But back to topic: @tk how do you say "WeeWX" and is it the same as mwall would say it? However you do, I'd take that as "official".

Thomas Keffer

Aug 12, 2019, 9:59:53 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
I pronounce it "WEE-wix"

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:55 AM Michi Kaa <mits...@mailinator.com> wrote:
Well that's probably something similar to the Mitsubishi "Montero" which is known as "Pajero" over here, with the difference "wix.com" probably doesn't care about it.

But back to topic: @tk how do you say "WeeWX" and is it the same as mwall would say it? However you do, I'd take that as "official".

Michi Kaa

Aug 12, 2019, 10:22:29 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it is :)
And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the "W" is related to the noun "weather".

Thomas Keffer

Aug 12, 2019, 10:25:07 AM8/12/19
to weewx-user
"WX" is a common abbreviation for "weather."

The "wee" part refers to my intention to make it a small, simple utility (as opposed to its predecessor, wview). Unfortunately, it has since grown into nearly as big a monster, albeit with a simpler, more modular architecture.

-tk

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 7:22 AM Michi Kaa <mits...@mailinator.com> wrote:
Well then, I will pronounce it that way. And I don't care what people around may think when they hear me talking about it without knowing wat it is :)
And what doest it mean/stand for? My guess is that at least one of the "W" is related to the noun "weather".

Graham Eddy

Aug 12, 2019, 10:28:41 AM8/12/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
much, much easier to customise!
____________
Graham Eddy

Thomas Keffer

Aug 13, 2019, 10:50:02 AM8/13/19
to weewx-user
Coming from you, one of the last of the wview users, that's high praise, indeed!

V. Kelly Bellis

Thomas Keffer

Aug 14, 2019, 9:10:50 AM8/14/19
to weewx-user
LOL!

Sad, but true!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/17ed6301-b9c7-481a-b220-bf294b047746%40googlegroups.com.

vince

Aug 15, 2019, 9:53:05 PM8/15/19
to weewx-user
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 6:10:50 AM UTC-7, Thomas Keffer wrote:
LOL!

Just stick it next to a leprechaun logo and call it good.

Forecast for tomorra' is a wee bit'o rain followed by a dram'o sunshine...