Weewx will only work for a week then stops

Luc Theoret

May 2, 2020, 1:33:45 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Hi,

I have been trying to get weewx to record my acurite data using sdr RTL_433 for about a year now.
The system I have almost running is a raspberry pi 3 running on respbian stretch. it has an external real time clock attached.
weewx runs consistently for a week then stops. I was finally find the log entry for the stop, see attached file.
In the file is the last successful update, then the error and the exit.
I also included the config file.

I have tried to reinstall on new SD card with Buster but cannot get the radio to work. tried blackballing stuff blindly (not knowing what doing).
Then I went back to this SD card. changed a couple of things and it ran. But as usual after a week like clockwork it stopped.

Luc
Ssylog extract
weewx.conf

Tom Keffer

May 2, 2020, 8:26:54 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Either the sdr or, more likely, cmon, is emitting a type 'long', which the accumulators are not prepared to accept.

Which version of cmon are you using? I believe latest versions avoid this by explicitly converting to type 'int'.

-tk

Luc Heijst

May 2, 2020, 9:47:18 AM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Hi Luc,

The error:
ValueError: accum: ScalarStats.addHiLo expected float or int, got type '<type 'long'>' ('4552332')
is caused by an old version of weewx_cmon. The latest version (0.20) solves this, See: https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-cmon

Also your syslog show several errors with outTemp, like:
cheetahgenerator: **** Reason: Unknown daily summary type outTemp

Check your database if you have a value outTemp.
If not, check your skin files for the use of outTemp.

Luc Heijst

Luc Theoret

May 2, 2020, 1:44:42 PM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Hi Luc,

I have updated to the version of cmon provide in your link.

I did a wee_extension weewx-cmon-master.zip
everthing i think went OK, but now weewx wont start I get this error:

May  2 11:37:21 weewx-pi systemd[1]: Started Session c3 of user pi.
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]: sdr: MainThread: timed out waiting for stderr-thread
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]: engine: Caught unrecoverable exception in engine:
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****  No module named builtins
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 888, in main
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****      engine = engine_class(config_dict)
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 78, in __init__
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****      self.loadServices(config_dict)
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 142, in loadServices
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****      self.service_obj.append(weeutil.weeutil._get_object(svc)(self, config_dict))
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weeutil/weeutil.py", line 1107, in _get_object
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****      mod = __import__(module)
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/user/cmon.py", line 124, in <module>
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****      from builtins import input
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****  ImportError: No module named builtins
May  2 11:37:24 weewx-pi weewx[556]:     ****  Exiting.

Luc

Tom Keffer

May 2, 2020, 1:51:20 PM5/2/20
to weewx-user
I would guess that cmon is using an undocumented prerequisite: future.

Under Python 2, try

pip install future

-tk

Luc Theoret

May 2, 2020, 2:13:11 PM5/2/20
to weewx-user
Hi,

 I have removed cmon. It seeems to be working.

As far is outTemp is that is the main temperature and it is populated in the database and graphed in weewx.
I get an error for the min max outTemp.

Luc