Is there a way to cache station data values until they change?

Kevin Key

Apr 5, 2024, 3:13:31 PMApr 5
to weewx-user
I'd like to do rapid-fire with my Acurite Atlas and a separate pressure sensor, but the sensors don't deliver all the data at the same time. Is it possible - via the config file - to keep all data in the loop until the data changes?

Tom Keffer

Apr 5, 2024, 5:59:56 PMApr 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
The WU Rapidfire code already has something like that in it. Set debug=3 to see it in action.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 12:13 PM Kevin Key <kevi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to do rapid-fire with my Acurite Atlas and a separate pressure sensor, but the sensors don't deliver all the data at the same time. Is it possible - via the config file - to keep all data in the loop until the data changes?

Kevin Key

Apr 5, 2024, 8:20:50 PMApr 5
to weewx-user
Cool. How do I make use of it?

Tom Keffer

Apr 5, 2024, 8:27:12 PMApr 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Just set rapidfire=true.

Try it. You won't hurt anything.

Kevin Key

Apr 5, 2024, 8:45:15 PMApr 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I've tried that, but then wind_gust, barometer, and a few other values go missing from Weather Underground.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/CAPq0zEBssdS%2Bn1AyR8Mt%2B9Q%2Bp8ToYe58u%2ByxYB%2BhVdJSjvnS2w%40mail.gmail.com.

Tom Keffer

Apr 5, 2024, 8:56:03 PMApr 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Frankly, WU's rapidfire is very flaky, so that could well be the problem.

What do you see if you set debug=3?

What exact values are missing?

You can try setting archive_post=true as well. Might work.

-tk

steepleian

Apr 5, 2024, 9:33:26 PMApr 5
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
You can try the weewx-loopdata extension which will give you real-time data from individual sensors.