Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Peter Tuft

nepřečteno,
11. 4. 2024 9:41:3511. 4.
komu: weewx-user
A couple of days ago I disconnected/reconnected the USB power and serial data cables between my Raspberry Pi and Davis Envoy.  Since then weewx seems to have stopped receiving updates from the Envoy - it just reports old data.  I've tested the connection using minicom as described here: https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Troubleshooting-the-Davis-Vantage-station.  That seemed to work OK.  That page also suggested powering down the Envoy for a few minutes then restarting which didn't help either.

So I'm at a loss.  Attached is a log of events since my most recent restart of weewx.  The system updates every 10 minutes and you can see two cycles of that at the end of the log.  That same pattern continues indefinitely, but the FTP upload is always of the same old data from a couple of days ago.

I'll be most grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Peter T.
syslog 240411 2245.txt

Tom Keffer

nepřečteno,
11. 4. 2024 11:35:1911. 4.
komu: weewx...@googlegroups.com
Odds are it's a problem with corrupted memory, but this time, just to be sure, could you set debug=1, restart, then post the log through the first reporting cycle.

Peter Tuft

nepřečteno,
11. 4. 2024 21:01:1811. 4.
komu: weewx-user
Tom,

Many thanks - I've done as you suggested, log attached.  It does show discrepancies in the times.  I tried the  weectl device commands to dump and clear the memory but my Pi says "command not found".  Where do I find that?

Because I believe in "ain't broke, don't fix it" I'm running old software - Weewx 4.5.1 under Raspbian 10.  But maybe it's "broke" - do I need to update to access weectl device?

Thanks,
Peter T.
syslog 240412 1031.txt

Tom Keffer

nepřečteno,
11. 4. 2024 21:05:1811. 4.
komu: weewx...@googlegroups.com
You can accomplish the same thing by using the old v4 utilities

wee_device --dump
wee_device --clear-memory

Peter Tuft

nepřečteno,
11. 4. 2024 23:16:4411. 4.
komu: weewx-user
Fixed!!  Thanks so much.  I'm delighted.

This exercise has prompted one other query:  despite my "ain't broke, don't fix it" approach perhaps it's time I updated to a more recent version of WeeWX.  The upgrade page cautions strongly that I should use the same method as the original installation, but that was over 3 years ago and I don't remember.  Is there a way of identifying the original install method?

Thanks again,
Peter T.

Tom Keffer

nepřečteno,
12. 4. 2024 8:12:4512. 4.
komu: weewx...@googlegroups.com
Judging from your log file, you used the package installer on Debian.

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat
0 nových zpráv