Can no longer run a command with weewx v5

Harley Welsh

Feb 20, 2024, 3:29:46 PMFeb 20
to weewx-user
I am trying to use sudo PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/weewx python /usr/share/weewx/user/sdr.py cmd="rtl_433 -M utc -F json" to get the the full names of a sensors. When I run the line I get this error  python: can't open file '/usr/share/weewx/user/sdr.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory  using weewx v5 but before the update it worked fine. Is there a new command I could use to get the same output as before?

Thanks,
Harley

Tom Keffer

Feb 20, 2024, 3:44:56 PMFeb 20
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
See the Upgrade Guide, in particular, the section New location for user directory.

David Sprangers

Apr 7, 2024, 5:44:48 PMApr 7
to weewx-user
After doing a new install of WeeWx v5, I used this command.

sudo PYTHONPATH=/usr/share/weewx python3 /etc/weewx/bin/user/sdr.py --cmd="rtl_433 -F json -M UTC"