How to change from simulator to a station

Message has been deleted

gjr80

Oct 2, 2019, 6:26:24 AM10/2/19
to weewx-user
Hi,

It’s a fairly straightforward process, especially if using SQLite for your database:

1. Stop WeeWX
2. Move or delete your database file, for a default install it will be /home/weewx/archive/weewx.sdb or /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb
3. Run the wee_config utility (http://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_config_utility) with the —reconfigure action. You will be presented with a number of options for reconfiguring your instal. The defaults presented should be your current setting for the option concerned. Step through each accepting the default (or changing if required) and when you come to the ‘choose driver’ option select FineOffsetUSB.
4. Start WeeWX.

Gary

gjr80

Oct 2, 2019, 6:35:41 AM10/2/19
to weewx-user
Actually, you may find that FineOffsetUSB is not presented in the list of available drivers. If that is the case it is likely that the python USB library is not installed. Exit from wee_config and install the python USB library using the following (assuming a Debian based system):

$ sudo apt-get install python-usb

You can then use wee_config with the —list-drivers action to list the available drivers. If FineOffsetUSB is there run wee_config with the —reconfigure option as per step 3 in my previous post and select the FineOffsetUSB driver.

Gary

Jason

Oct 2, 2019, 7:32:51 AM10/2/19
to weewx-user
Thank you that is done, now how do I edit the config file to change the ftp settings, it will not let me save it.

On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 10:30:19 UTC+1, Jason wrote:
Following my previous post I uninstalled and re-installed weewx under python as a simulator. this is working fine.
How do I change from simulator to a WH3081 station without messing up the installaation.
Thanks.

gjr80

Oct 2, 2019, 8:00:42 AM10/2/19
to weewx-user
Chances are the user account you are using when editing the file does not have write access to the file. You can either change the permissions on the file or run your editor using sudo so that you have privileged access.

Probably worthwhile seeking out a little bit of basic Linux training, this sort of thing is Linux 101. You will find plenty of free resources on the internet.

Gary