New extension for BMP3xx sensors

Ryan Voots

Jan 21, 2021, 8:26:43 PM1/21/21
to weewx-user

Didn't see an existing one for these sensors but needed one for supplementing my switch to an SDR station rather than FineOffsetUSB based.  I based it off the existing BME280wx code, and it seems to work pretty well.  The station is having issues being available publically right now but I'll get it fixed when I can (i'm not local to it at the moment)

https://weather.voots.org/ (when it comes back online).

D R

Jan 21, 2021, 10:05:02 PM1/21/21
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
One of the things we get are these rather sudden sweeping in of cold air
masses and the television stations frequently map how much temperature
change there is compared to yesterday at this time.  In the summer, a
welcome cool front is also frequently given air time.

I'm thinking this would be an interesting value to show (perhaps
choosing to show or not in the .conf file.

However, I quickly proved to myself how little I know about going to the
database SQLite and plucking this number from yesterday at the closest
time, and then displaying it like was done with the "Rain Yesterday"
modification that was offered maybe 8 months ago.

Has anyone coded this function, and given it a 'toggle' to choose to
display this, perhaps in the High/Low portion of the home page, or
Current Conditions?

Dale

Tom Keffer

Jan 22, 2021, 8:27:35 AM1/22/21
to weewx-user
Why not just use the $trend tag?

D R

Jan 22, 2021, 3:06:52 PM1/22/21
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Yes, why not, indeed!

This program holds so much and thanks to the development and design,
makes this one far easier.

Dale