where is import/wu-example.conf ?

Tom Stewart

Aug 7, 2022, 3:50:46 PM8/7/22
to weewx-user
I apologize, but the documentation in https://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_import_utility for WU says to copy the /home/weewx/util/import/wu-example.conf file to a different location to prepare for running it. This would appear to be for a setup.py install, but I can't figure out where this would be in my RasPi (Debian) install. This page:
has a handy section on where to find things, and I've looked in the directories listed there, but don't find this sample file. Was there a secondary install I missed?
Message has been deleted

vince

Aug 7, 2022, 5:29:37 PM8/7/22
to weewx-user
You can always grab it from github....

Tom Stewart

Aug 7, 2022, 7:24:44 PM8/7/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, the github link is helpful. Your earlier answer provided a link to the page I already linked to, and stated that I had looked in all those directories but wasn't having any luck. I was hoping someone could point out where one might find the file for a Debian package installation. I was also trying to point out that the documentation for the import utility is a little less than helpful in that regard.

Message has been deleted

matthew wall

Aug 7, 2022, 9:00:25 PM8/7/22
to weewx-user
On Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 3:50:46 PM UTC-4 tast...@gmail.com wrote:
I apologize, but the documentation in https://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#wee_import_utility for WU says to copy the /home/weewx/util/import/wu-example.conf file to a different location to prepare for running it. This would appear to be for a setup.py install, but I can't figure out where this would be in my RasPi (Debian) install.

for deb and rpm installs, the sample conf files for import are located in /etc/weewx/import

the other sample conf files (udev rules, apache, logrotate, logwatch, rsyslog) are also installed to /etc/weewx for deb and rpm installs.

gjr80

Aug 7, 2022, 11:28:13 PM8/7/22
to weewx-user
Have updated the Utilities Guide to include location details for example import config files for both setup.py and package installs.

Gary

Tom Stewart

Aug 8, 2022, 12:33:45 PM8/8/22
to weewx-user