Issue with installing and running Weewx on windows

Miste Yalmi

Oct 10, 2019, 7:19:55 PM10/10/19
to weewx-user

Let me start by saying that I am new to Python, so please bear with me. After installing python and weewx and following the process that was laid out here: https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/weewx-on-windows , I attempted to Run Weewx. I received the following  error:
PS C:\Users\weewx> python bin\weewxd weewx.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin\weewxd", line 64, in
weewx.engine.main(options, args)
File "C:\Users\weewx\bin\weewx\engine.py", line 891, in main
engine = engine_class(config_dict)
File "C:\Users\weewx\bin\weewx\engine.py", line 72, in init
self.setupStation(config_dict)
File "C:\Users\weewx\bin\weewx\engine.py", line 90, in setupStation
driver = config_dict[stationType]['driver']
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\configobj.py", line 554, in getitem
val = dict.getitem(self, key)
KeyError: 'unspecified'

Any assistance would be appreciated.

p q

Oct 10, 2019, 7:33:18 PM10/10/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it's failing trying to read the weewx.conf file for the driver for your station. What do you have in your weewx.conf file for the station_type?

Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264

Miste Yalmi

Oct 10, 2019, 8:11:47 PM10/10/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your assistance I have a better understanding now but I still have an issue
Currently it is station_type = 'unspecified'
I am trying to use the accurite_bridge (smarthub) for which it says to use the Simulator driver but I don't know to set that up

p q

Oct 10, 2019, 8:26:19 PM10/10/19
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you want simulator? That will give you simulated data not the real thing. I would have thought you'd want accurite. In any case, put the station type you want for station_type.

--
Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264

vince

Oct 11, 2019, 10:11:08 AM10/11/19
to weewx-user
On Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 4:19:55 PM UTC-7, Miste Yalmi wrote:

Let me start by saying that I am new to Python, so please bear with me. After installing python and weewx and following the process that was laid out here: https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/weewx-on-windows , I attempted to Run Weewx. I received the following  error:
PS C:\Users\weewx> python bin\weewxd weewx.conf

This came up from another Windows user a week or two ago.  Do a little searching in the google-group for your exact error message.  There was a discussion then.