I need to change the url for my registered station website

beachboy

Mar 26, 2020, 12:14:17 AM3/26/20
to weewx-user
I had a couple of errors in the station_url in weewx.conf when I originally setup weewx. I was able to correct the first error (the directory at the web site) which may have registered a second station (see below). To correct the second error (the dot after www) I tried changing station_url again to the correct value and again had weewx reread conf (kill -HUP <pid>). But this change does not appear on the weewx map.

The set up process was not easy as my wmr200 was providing incorrect historical data and it took some effort to find and change the erase_archive parameter) And I tried to set up on both a mac and rpi before I got a valid installation so many methods were tried which also may have left some residue i.e. that may be where the duplicate stations came from.

I am hoping for a less drastic solution than *Reinstall* so any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks

gjr80

Mar 26, 2020, 2:52:43 AM3/26/20
to weewx-user
Hi,

Regards the incorrect station URLs that may have been posted, as long as you now have the correct station URL in weewx.conf don't worry about the old ones, they will disappear in due course (as long as you don't use any of the incorrect URLs in weewx.conf again).

As for your correct station URL, once you have it entered in weewx.conf (and have saved weewx.conf) restart WeeWX and check the log from startup and find the first report cycle, you should see something like this in your log:

Mar 12 19:00:16 cockatoo weewx-vantage[18954] INFO weewx.restx: StationRegistry: Published record 2020-03-12 19:00:00 AEST (1584003600)

which indicates your URL has been published. Not sure how long it takes to appear though.

Certainly no need to reinstall, you must be thinking of Windows :)

Gary

beachboy

Mar 27, 2020, 1:52:40 AM3/27/20
to weewx-user
Thanks, I will try a re-start and see if I see the StationRegistry message. I looked for it after kill -HUP but didn't see it.

Thanks again and actually I try not to to think of windows!

beachboy

Apr 10, 2020, 1:00:48 AM4/10/20
to weewx-user
I have re-started weewx and see this:

After (finally) re-starting I see the re: station registry:

restx: StationRegistry: wait interval (840 < 604800) has not passed for record 2020-04-09 21:48:00 PDT (1586494080)

gjr80

Apr 10, 2020, 1:15:22 AM4/10/20
to weewx-user
OK, and what appeared in the log 840 odd seconds earlier? Once WeeWX is running it only updates the station registry every 7 days (or every 604800 seconds). That log entry tells us that the last update occurred 840 seconds ago and it is while yet until WeeWX hits the 7 elapsed days for the next update. If you can’t see the update in the log just restart WeeWX and post an extract of the log showing the full startup and at least two report cycles.

Gary

beachboy

Apr 10, 2020, 1:16:06 PM4/10/20
to weewx-user
Ok, I think I've got it. my urll did not include http://www. so weewx didn't publish it. Looks like its working now. Thanks for the guidance.

gjr80

Apr 10, 2020, 9:39:38 PM4/10/20
to weewx-user
OK, could be something to do with the anti-spam measures in the website map scripts, there is some filtering of URLs to reduce spam. Matthew would know, my PERL is not that good.

Gary