Issues with latest rtl_433 and weewx-sdr

radio...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2020, 7:32:40 PM7/11/20
to weewx-development

I just upgraded from a VERY old (2017) rtl_433 and weewx-sdr to the “latest and greatest”.

I have mostly Accurite sensors, including a 5n1 and a 6045M Lightning detector.

I had to append “V2” to the packet definitions in weewx.conf,  the 5n1 decodes correctly, with the exception of the wind speed, which I believe is in KPH instead of MPH

ON the 6045, I changed the identifier in sdr.py to Accurite-6045M and changed the ID (in weewx.conf) to the Hex value of the (new) ID; but, I CANNOT get weewx to “see” the 6045M.

Anyone else run into these?

Clay Jackson

rich T

Jul 12, 2020, 1:00:26 AM7/12/20
to weewx-development
I don't know, but this could be the issue:

https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/issues/1312

cl...@n7qnm.net

Jul 12, 2020, 5:41:43 PM7/12/20
to radio...@gmail.com, weewx-development

Update – all is happy now.  Here’s what I had to do:

  1. Append V2 to the sdr 5n1 definitions in weewx.conf
  2. Change the 6045 identifier in sdr.py to Acurite-6045M
  3. Add a divisor (1.609344) to the wind speed calculation (for the 5n1) in sdr.py

I ALSO discovered  that the author of rtl_433 changed the name of the temperature probe in the Acurite-00275rm (and 276) from “ptemperature” to “temperature_1_C”;  so I had to change sdr.py to correct that as well.

Clay Jackson