zea-engine-3-6-0-released

Philip Taylor

Apr 26, 2021, 4:37:38 PM4/26/21
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of Zea Engine 3.6.0 which includes some exciting new features and important bug fixes.

The main new feature in 3.6.0 is frustum culling where the renderer now determines if the geometry is onscreen to avoid redundant drawing. On big complex scenes, this has increased performance and allowed new workflows. For example, an automobile made up of 43k bodies went from 40fps up to 60fps and enabled a solid experience in VR.

This feature builds on our previous rendering performance efforts based on the new multi-draw feature in WebGL.

For a complete list of changes, please consult the CHANGELOG.
[https://docs.zea.live/zea-engine/#/CHANGELOG ](https://docs.zea.live/zea-engine/#/CHANGELOG)

The new build is, as usual, available now on NPM.
https://www.npmjs.com/package/@zeainc/zea-engine

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks
Phil

--
Zea Homepage
Fast, Easy and Open

Montréal, Québec

Ken Russell

Apr 27, 2021, 9:12:00 PM4/27/21
to WebGL Dev List
Exciting news! Do you have any live demos showing the performance improvements, for example the automobile in WebXR?

Thanks,

-Ken

Philip Taylor

Apr 28, 2021, 8:34:12 AM4/28/21
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
No, unfortunately these customer files are confidential and we rarely get to publish live demos of these assets.
I will post here if we are able to publish demos of these huge assets.