Technical breakdown of Grim Reaper WebGL demo

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 23, 2022, 7:58:15 PM2/23/22
to WebGL Dev List
I've published an article with explanation of how we implemented our latest WebGL demo and Android app Grim Reaper:

https://medium.com/me/stats/post/fa81a5f9b916

Please let me know if my explanation of effects is good. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Captain Harlock

Mar 3, 2022, 3:20:48 PM3/3/22
to WebGL Dev List

The link doesn't work for me.

Oleksandr Popov

Mar 6, 2022, 4:51:50 PM3/6/22
to WebGL Dev List
That was a stupid mistake from me, here is a correct link - https://medium.com/p/fa81a5f9b916
And sorry for late reply, we have a war here in Ukraine.

Ken Russell

Mar 8, 2022, 7:30:27 PM3/8/22
to WebGL Dev List
Thanks Oleksandr for sharing this article. It's very clearly written and the effects look very nice. The only suggestion I can think of would be to make it and your other webgl-mountains demo a bit more interactive - maybe allowing the camera to be moved, or to affect the character a bit more.

Please take care of yourselves and your families. I am praying that the invaders will be compelled to stop.

-Ken

Paul Masson

Mar 9, 2022, 2:52:05 AM3/9/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Well said Ken. Was wondering how to respond myself. As always you are the voice of balance. Thank you for all you do.

Sent from my iPhone

Oleksandr Popov

Mar 9, 2022, 4:09:49 AM3/9/22
to WebGL Dev List
Thank you, Kenneth!

Speaking of interactive camera, both demos support free camera movement for closer inspection of scene. It can be activated by pressing Enter key and has UnrealEngine4 inspired navigation - hold right mouse button for mouse look and use WASD to move camera.

Best regards,
   Oleksandr

Ken Russell

Mar 9, 2022, 2:44:15 PM3/9/22
to WebGL Dev List
Hi Oleksandr,

Good to know deeper interaction is supported. Also please consider mobile and multi-touch in the future :)

Be well,

-Ken