Sending smses via my web2py

mostwanted

Aug 5, 2020, 5:14:11 AM8/5/20
to web2py-users

I am failing to send smses with my app following the book example (http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/08/emails-and-sms#Emails-and-SMS) which i felt was straight forward, is there something extra must include in my controller code?

MY CODE
def send_sms():

from gluon.contrib.sms_utils import SMSCODES, sms_email
    email
= sms_email('+000 (00) 000-000','Orange')
    mail
.send(to=email, subject='sms test', message='testing testing 123')

Regards

Mostwanted

Jirawat Kusolpreedee

Aug 5, 2020, 5:25:29 AM8/5/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Have you asked your service provider ? Do they provide this kind of service?

A better way is to use the phone companies themselves to relay the SMS. Each phone company has an email address uniquely associated with every cell-phone number, so SMS messages can be sent as emails to the phone number.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

โทร 086-187-5643

Massimo Di Pierro

Aug 5, 2020, 2:58:51 PM8/5/20
to web2py-users
That list of service providers is very old. I sugget you use twilio

Jacinto Parga

Aug 5, 2020, 7:01:18 PM8/5/20
to web2py-users
I use https://www.messagebird.com/
It has a well documented api and works well with web2py

Massimo Di Pierro

Aug 5, 2020, 11:10:53 PM8/5/20
to web2py-users
Nice. will integrate with py4web. :-)

António Ramos

Aug 6, 2020, 2:29:08 PM8/6/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
i use
very good  and with a good and simple api

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com