Any alternative to installing web2py on laptop

Nishant Bansal

Jul 20, 2020, 1:24:15 AM7/20/20
to web2py-users
Hi,
I have a company provided laptop and I cannot install any external software on it. Is there any way to being able to work using web2py without installing it,  for e.g - there are online versions of Jupyter notebook available for writing python code.

Thanks,
Nishant

AGRogers

Jul 20, 2020, 1:32:41 AM7/20/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Sure. pythonanywhere.com is where I started.

Maybe it can run from a USB stick? I think it is pretty portable - but i have never done that and you would be better listening to someone else.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Warwick JC

Jul 20, 2020, 1:43:28 AM7/20/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
I also just use a local folder to run Web2py. You can still use the laptop by downloading the source file and unpacking it to a local folder.
Regards

Nico Zanferrari

Jul 20, 2020, 4:20:40 AM7/20/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can also use the (still unofficial) binary distribution available on my repository. You don't need an installed Python nor administrative privilege, just unzip it on your system.

Nico