web2py 2.19.1 is OUT

Massimo Di Pierro

Mar 21, 2020, 5:52:39 PM3/21/20
to web2py-users
Sorry it took so long.

Web2py 2.19.1 is finally out.

It contains many small bug fixes including better support for python 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8

Nico Zanferrari

Mar 21, 2020, 7:12:13 PM3/21/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Massimo!

Please note that the binaries listed on http://www.web2py.com/init/default/download are supposed to be the new ones with Pyinstaller, but in fact they are the old broken ones.
I'm working for buiding the new binaries - you cannot just replace the sources inside because the main web2py.py program has been changed.

Nico

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Massimo Di Pierro

Christian Varas

Mar 21, 2020, 9:28:41 PM3/21/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! 🎉🎉🎉🎊

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Lovedie JC

Mar 21, 2020, 10:50:05 PM3/21/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
I've updated it.
Flawless
👍
Good work. Much appreciated.
Regards

Nico Zanferrari

Mar 22, 2020, 7:01:40 PM3/22/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

the 2.19.1 web2py binaries are ready to be tested & used, with embedded Python 2.7.16 or 3.7.4. Grab them from my repository .
It has taken me a lot of time for updating to the latest PyInstaller 3.6 and find a new missing import ;-)

@Massimo: please update the Legacy and Normal binaries on http://www.web2py.com/init/default/download accordingly.

Cheers,
Nico

jim kaubisch

Mar 24, 2020, 9:49:06 PM3/24/20
to web2py-users
Hi Nico,

Just want to make sure I understand.

You say 'web2py 2.19.1 binaries come "with embedded Python 2.7.16 or 3.7.4" ' ??
My reading is that one MUST get web2py source in order to use other versions of Python? Am I understanding correctly?

We are on macOS Catalina, python 3.7.6 and, given that python 3.8.2 claims better integration with Catalina and python.org saying "We plan to continue to provide bugfix releases for 3.7.x until mid 2020...", going back to 3.7.4 doesn't appeal.

Thanks
Jim

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 4:01:40 PM UTC-7, Nico Zanferrari wrote:
Hello,

the 2.19.1 web2py binaries are ready to be tested & used, with embedded Python 2.7.16 or 3.7.4. Grab them from my repository .
It has taken me a lot of time for updating to the latest PyInstaller 3.6 and find a new missing import ;-)

@Massimo: please update the Legacy and Normal binaries on http://www.web2py.com/init/default/download accordingly.

Cheers,
Nico

Il giorno dom 22 mar 2020 alle ore 03:50 Lovedie JC <lbjc...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
I've updated it.
Flawless
👍
Good work. Much appreciated.
Regards

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020, 04:28 Christian Varas <chriii...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks! 🎉🎉🎉🎊

El El sáb, 21 de mar. de 2020 a la(s) 18:52, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo...@gmail.com> escribió:
Sorry it took so long.

Web2py 2.19.1 is finally out.

It contains many small bug fixes including better support for python 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Massimo Di Pierro

Mar 24, 2020, 10:36:37 PM3/24/20
to web2py-users
So far yes.
Nico has been working on new binaries and a new system for packing them. The plan is to ship both 2.7 and 3.7.

Nico Zanferrari

Mar 25, 2020, 4:42:07 AM3/25/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

you should use the latest available Python version and the web2py sources (and possibly a full web server) for Production and complex / unusual development.
But using the binaries is much simpler and quicker if you're just learning web2py or testing your existing code with different python versions. For a newbie, even properly installing Python could be a nightmare! Also, in this way you're sure you don't risk any damage on your system and you can do it even if you're not an administrator.

Nico

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/2f3191a5-9cb7-42fa-b23e-a9cb816e0c74%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Vézina

Mar 25, 2020, 6:57:51 PM3/25/20
to web2py-users
KEEP GOING!! WEB2PY!!

:D

Wep2buy

Apr 9, 2020, 6:39:13 AM4/9/20
to web2py-users

Hi every body:

I have an app under 2.18.5, every thing is fine, when compressing the app, the size of the zip is 6 mega.

the same app under 2.19.1, every thing is fine, when compressing the app, the size of the zip is 9 mega.

Explaining is highly appreciated.

Annet

Apr 10, 2020, 12:54:18 PM4/10/20
to web2py-users
In this version of web2py I have the following lines of code in db.py

from gluon.contrib.appconfig import AppConfig

configuration = AppConfig(reload=True)

When I add code to a module file and save the file I get the following error:

nameError(“name ‘reload’ is not defined”)

Why do I get this error?

Kind regards,

Annet