Off topic : visual diagrams anyone ???

António Ramos

Nov 27, 2019, 12:58:48 PM11/27/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hard to find a tool like this for my web2py app....

https://mermaidjs.github.io/#/

Scott Hunter

Dec 1, 2019, 9:57:12 PM12/1/19
to web2py-users
What is stopping you from using it *in* your web2py app?

António Ramos

Dec 2, 2019, 4:51:42 AM12/2/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Nothing , im am using it already.
Just sharing it with you...
:)

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Dave S

Dec 3, 2019, 3:43:05 AM12/3/19
to web2py-users

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 1:51:42 AM UTC-8, Ramos wrote:
Nothing , im am using it already.
Just sharing it with you...
:)

Any particular advice on how to use with web2py app, or did you find that information at the link was sufficient?

/dps

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 12:58:48 PM UTC-5, Ramos wrote:
Hard to find a tool like this for my web2py app....

https://mermaidjs.github.io/#/

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

António Ramos

Dec 3, 2019, 5:49:50 AM12/3/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
havent gone far with it but i intend to automate the generation of diagrams.
So far i´m statically coding a diagram like the following

image.png
was produced by just this code

    stateDiagram
    [*] --> Lote
    Lote --> Amostra
    Amostra --> Inspeção:Sim
    Amostra --> Alerta:Não
    Inspeção -->COA:Sim
    Inspeção -->Parâmetro:Não
    Parâmetro -->COA:Sim
    Parâmetro -->PDF:Não
    COA -->PDF
    PDF --> [*]
    Alerta --> [*]

    Lote:tem lote definido?
    note right of Lote
            Notas aqui
            e aqui
    end note
    Inspeção:tem inspeção para o lote e tipo de carga?
    Amostra:tem amostra associada?
    Alerta:Alerta a AT
    Parâmetro:tem algum parâmetro fora de especificação?
    COA:processo de validação do COA

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/80e6651d-776b-4253-8d10-32ee58f84643%40googlegroups.com.

Christian Varas

Dec 3, 2019, 8:01:31 AM12/3/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi, for this I use visjs https://visjs.org you can change the form of the node, pu icons, images change lines to arrow etc.., I've developed a custom note taking app, that makes a mind map when you add notes.

Example:
Every time I add a note, its create a node in the mindmap view
(using jstree to show notes)
image.png

Mind map view
image.png

javascript for this is really easy, first you add nodes, and then the relations,
In visjs page  there is a lot of examples of configuration, and how to catch the events to make an action in the backend (like changing the color of the view, save the position, change shape, etc..)
This is from visjs page, not from the previous screenshots.
<script type="text/javascript">
  // create an array with nodes
  var nodes = new vis.DataSet([
    { id: 1, label: "Node 1" },
    { id: 2, label: "Node 2" },
    { id: 3, label: "Node 3" },
    { id: 4, label: "Node 4" },
    { id: 5, label: "Node 5" }
  ]);

  // create an array with edges
  var edges = new vis.DataSet([
    { from: 1, to: 3 },
    { from: 1, to: 2 },
    { from: 2, to: 4 },
    { from: 2, to: 5 },
    { from: 3, to: 3 }
  ]);

  // create a network
  var container = document.getElementById("mynetwork");
  var data = {
    nodes: nodes,
    edges: edges
  };
  var options = {};
  var network = new vis.Network(container, data, options);
</script>

you can configure visjs to make what you need, changing the shape of the node and adding arrows to the relations lines.

Cheers.
Chris.

Dave S

Dec 3, 2019, 10:21:26 PM12/3/19
to web2py-users

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 5:01:31 AM UTC-8, Christian Varas wrote:
Hi, for this I use visjs https://visjs.org you can change the form of the node, pu icons, images change lines to arrow etc.., I've developed a custom note taking app, that makes a mind map when you add notes.

Example:
Every time I add a note, its create a node in the mindmap view
(using jstree to show notes)

An interesting example, as is Ramos.  I have used Vue (at that point, a freeware item from a college that was exploring visualizations; I have to track down which disk it is archived on) which i found on an old search for mindmap stuff, and before that the tool Word eventually sucked in.

I'd be interested in further understanding what mindmap means for you, but that seems a bit off-topic.

 Dave S
/dps