Anthony was right... web3py has a big naming conflict

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 20, 2019, 1:31:46 AM7/20/19
to web2py-users
Anthony was right... web3py has a big naming conflict with web3py (python library for web3).
I am considering renaming it. Not sure I want to start a competition here. For a name to be good I must own the domain and it must not be copyrighted. Not many options.
Just heads up.

Massimo

JSalvat

Jul 21, 2019, 9:43:09 PM7/21/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
What about "webtopy" or "webtopy3"

António Ramos

Jul 22, 2019, 9:02:16 AM7/22/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Just trash the "web" and "py" words. Its killing my imagination...

Em seg, 22 de jul de 2019 às 02:43, JSalvat <salv...@gmail.com> escreveu:
What about "webtopy"

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Ivica Kralj

Jul 22, 2019, 9:40:35 AM7/22/19
to web2py-users
It needs to be changed for sure.

I really like gluon (even Microsoft joined this bandwagon)...

So maybe inspiration could come from quantum phisics again. Scrap that... Most cool named subatomic particles are already used (muon)...

How about something relating to python species (sebae). not sure how to pronounce this :) !!

Now that I contributed a tiny bit, in my humble opinion, I wouldn't go 'web' or 'py' rute.

Leonel Câmara

Jul 22, 2019, 10:25:56 AM7/22/19
to web2py-users
I would call it pywebal "python web abstraction layer"

John Bannister

Jul 22, 2019, 10:29:53 AM7/22/19
to web...@googlegroups.com

Why not something as simple as py3web

--

Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Christian Varas

Jul 22, 2019, 11:07:15 AM7/22/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
WebThreePy    ?

Web4Py   ?

Cheers.

Ivica Kralj

Jul 22, 2019, 12:42:42 PM7/22/19
to web2py-users
I can't let gluon go :)  so how about

Gluonic

trademark seems to be available

gluonic dot com is parked for the last 2000 days. However, some of the top-level domains are available .co, .net, .tech, .info, .online, .dev...

google search
About 160,000 results

António Ramos

Jul 22, 2019, 1:05:07 PM7/22/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Just call it
Massimo
It is very well deserved right ???

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Kevin Keller

Jul 22, 2019, 1:48:51 PM7/22/19
to web2py-users

Paco Bernal

Jul 22, 2019, 5:32:42 PM7/22/19
to web2py-users
What about web2py3 ?

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 23, 2019, 12:42:00 AM7/23/19
to web2py-users
web2py was called "gluon". The name was changed to web2py because somebody threatened me he owned the copyright.

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 23, 2019, 12:43:07 AM7/23/19
to web2py-users
Please do not suggest names names here. If you do, somebody will buy it before me and it is gone.

Wasim Baig

Jul 23, 2019, 12:44:38 AM7/23/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Lets just skip 3 ... web4py

-wasim

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

wasim h. baig | +92 30 0850 8070 | peace be upon you

K Porter

Jul 23, 2019, 12:44:41 AM7/23/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Is webpy.com taken?

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 23, 2019, 12:51:58 AM7/23/19
to web2py-users
A name has been purchased. :-)

Paco Bernal

Jul 23, 2019, 4:53:16 PM7/23/19
to web2py-users
And the winner is.... ???

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 23, 2019, 11:30:12 PM7/23/19
to web2py-users
Give me some time to set-up a domain and site... ;-)