Looking for web2py developer for Italian small company

Ivan Gazzola

Jan 21, 2020, 10:40:18 AM1/21/20
to web2py-users
We are a small company in Italy, we need a new developer for our project (xortho.it)

The web app is developed with jquery mobile and web2py, we are planning to move to angular and web2py or better py4web.

If you're interested please contact us.

Ciao

Ivan

Geordanis Baño Vega

Jan 21, 2020, 12:45:33 PM1/21/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i am interested.

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Hugo Alberto Rivera Diaz

Jan 22, 2020, 12:09:24 AM1/22/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested! 2 years of experience in jquery and web2py and still working with them! contact me!

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

   Saludos!
   <name>Hugo Alberto Rivera Diaz </name>

Massimo Di Pierro

Jan 22, 2020, 1:23:04 AM1/22/20
to web2py-users
I strongly recommend py4web + vue.js :-)

John Bannister

Jan 22, 2020, 8:01:02 AM1/22/20
to web...@googlegroups.com

Dear Ivan,

Would be interested if you are looking to use py4web and vue.js

John

Hugo Alberto Rivera Diaz

Jan 22, 2020, 11:12:04 AM1/22/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
Massimo,an honor to salute you! One question so you would recommend the use of py4web over web2py? Is py4web te next step for web2py developers?

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Geordanis Baño Vega

Jan 22, 2020, 12:01:32 PM1/22/20
to web...@googlegroups.com
i have working with web2py for 5 years, now i am also working with node + vuejs. I strongly recommend vuejs instead of jquery.
py4web is an evolution of web2py and could be a good idea use it.
Regards

Massimo Di Pierro

VJ Sosa

Feb 10, 2020, 12:58:26 AM2/10/20
to web2py-users
Dear Massimo,

One month ago I just started to develop some demos of a web application using web2py. I'm interested in go further with a more serious implementation,
but today I'm realizing that this group is also talking about py4web.
Considering that py4web is your new bet for a python framework, do you recommend me to go further with py4web instead of web2py?
Will be web2py deprecated in a close future?
Are you planning offer similar documentation (like a book) for py4web?

Thanks in advance, I do appreciate your work.
Víctor.

El jueves, 30 de enero de 2020, 7:10:45 (UTC+1), Massimo Di Pierro escribió:
[...]

Massimo Di Pierro

Feb 10, 2020, 11:13:56 AM2/10/20
to web2py-users
Hello Victor,

I recommend everybody to move from web2py to py4web. I am using the latter for my own projects and find it better.
Honestly web2py has more features and it has been battle-tested but py4web is catching up quickly and, if you do not need the grid, I think it is already better.

Massimo

Vlad

Feb 12, 2020, 3:02:10 PM2/12/20
to web2py-users
I've used web2py happily until today, but seems need to switch to py4web :)

I've never looked into py4web; just saw msgs going back and forth about it.

What's the best way to start? Any tutorials? Is there a book similar to the one on web2py? What's the home page (assuming it's separate from web2py itself)?

Dave S

Feb 12, 2020, 4:35:34 PM2/12/20
to web2py-users

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 12:02:10 PM UTC-8, Vlad wrote:
I've used web2py happily until today, but seems need to switch to py4web :)

I've never looked into py4web; just saw msgs going back and forth about it.

What's the best way to start? Any tutorials? Is there a book similar to the one on web2py? What's the home page (assuming it's separate from web2py itself)?

From those other messages:
<URL:http://py4web.com/_documentation/static/index.html>

/dps

Kevin Keller

Feb 13, 2020, 3:53:43 AM2/13/20
to web2py-users
Being self contained, simple and with smartgrid, integrated Auth, and even wiki engine and now again with updated pyrtf web2py could still have great future as a a framework for company internal web database apps (also easy field calculations) to replace I. E. Lotus notes or ms access apps and internal processes via forms and knowledge management for citizen developers.

Also speed is not so important for this apps.

While py4web is a fast open API first backend framework for modern SPAs and mobile apps. I would use this for thst use cases plus any customer facing or SaaS app.

Both frameworks could be used for equal use cases, but that is how I currently see their sweet spots when compared.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/48f63a69-dace-443d-b726-edea6164af31%40googlegroups.com.

Gaël Princivalle

Feb 13, 2020, 9:41:39 AM2/13/20
to web2py-users
Dear Massimo.

Did you plan to add the grid to py4web?

VJ Sosa

Feb 14, 2020, 5:17:19 AM2/14/20
to web2py-users
Dear Massimo,
Thanks for your quickly answer!
Regards,
Víctor

Clemens

Feb 14, 2020, 9:57:12 AM2/14/20
to web2py-users
Hello Massimo,

I've understood, that py4web is the future. But I have one more important question: Will web2py further maintained? And how long will it be maintained? I'm asking, because I've an application developed on web2py and I need to plan when it has to be migrated/re-implemented. And what do you think will be a factor (e.g. in percentage of the original implementation effort) to switch an application from web2py to py4web?

Thanks in advance for a short answer!

Best regards
Clemens