web2py 2.26.1 released

Massimo Di Pierro

Oct 29, 2023, 5:13:31 PM10/29/23
to web2py-users
Changelog:
- adds support of python up to version 3.11
- fixes a bug with serialization of headers introduced in version 2.25.1
- improves handling of unstable db connections in the scheduler

I remind you that py4web has been out for 5 years now as successor of web2py.
It has the same template language and dal as web2py but it is a lot faster.
It has a better grid, form handling, and auth integrations.

Massimo

Raul Monares

Oct 30, 2023, 12:48:03 AM10/30/23
to web2py-users
Great news. I appreatiate your work on both platforms

António Ramos

Oct 30, 2023, 11:48:47 AM10/30/23
to web...@googlegroups.com
I´m so comfortable with web2py, the admin dashboard and the scheduler are blocking me from moving to py4web...
Regards

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Christian Varas

Oct 30, 2023, 1:52:54 PM10/30/23
to web...@googlegroups.com
In my opinion Web2py is really comfortable but I strongly recommend to move to py4web.
The scheduler in web2py is replaced with celery which is more powerful and py4web framework is really fast, light and is easy to code like in web2py. I’ve moved all my apps from web2py to py4web and I can’t complain of the results.
I totally recommend to move from web2py to py4web.

Greetings.
Chris

Jim S

Oct 30, 2023, 6:06:00 PM10/30/23
to web2py-users
I highly recommend moving to py4web.  These days I dread working on web2py apps we haven't yet converted to py4web.  py4web is so much faster for execution and development.  Much more flexibility in form and grid layouts.  If there is something missing, let us know, we'd love to get more people switched over.
Message has been deleted