CLS issues on onload popup pages

Vignesh M

Jun 13, 2022, 9:03:34 AM6/13/22
to web-vitals-feedback
Hi team,

I'm from the Lenovo ecommerce team, we have been experiencing worst CLS scores on our product display pages that has end of life popup. For example this one
Does this popup affect the CLS scores of a page?

Thanks!

Gilberto Cocchi

Jun 13, 2022, 12:19:47 PM6/13/22
to Vignesh M, web-vitals-feedback
Hi Vignesh, I would suggest you you try using the new Performance Insights panel in Chrome Stable to visualize what change in the Lenovo site may cause the CLS metric issue: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools/performance-insights/

By looking at the way the page renders you may find all the things causing CLS in your page.

I don't see any popup (testing from Italy) but it's possible that dynamic content as well as Popups (using some animations as shown here https://web.dev/optimize-cls/#animations) might be causing CLS.

gTech Up

Gilberto Cocchi
Web Ecosystem Consultant
gilb...@google.com
+39 02 3661 8337

Google Italy | Via Federico Confalonieri 4 | Porta Nuova Isola | Building C | Milan 20124

Registered in Milan, Italy

This email may be confidential and privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do not constitute a legally binding obligation. No legally binding obligations will be created, implied, or inferred until an agreement in final form is executed in writing by all parties involved.