Problem with the youtube filtering capability of web safety.

Shepherd Follower

Sep 29, 2022, 3:50:40 PM9/29/22
to Diladele Web Safety
I attached a shot of what I am referring to.  How do you get the youtube filtering features to work in web safety?  It seems like even if you block a specific channel with its id it will still not block access to that.  You can see the many catagories that are blocked but that does not seem to affect what you can access on youtub.  I would be happy for any input out there.
Youtube filtering.PNG

Rafael Akchurin

Sep 29, 2022, 4:01:18 PM9/29/22
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Https decryption is enabled?
You are using browser to access yt?

Best regards,
Rafael

Op 29 sep. 2022 om 21:50 heeft Shepherd Follower <shepherdf...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

I attached a shot of what I am referring to.  How do you get the youtube filtering features to work in web safety?  It seems like even if you block a specific channel with its id it will still not block access to that.  You can see the many catagories that are blocked but that does not seem to affect what you can access on youtub.  I would be happy for any input out there.

Youtube filtering.PNG

Shepherd Follower

Oct 3, 2022, 9:29:39 PM10/3/22
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is right .  Using browser to go to YT.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Diladele Web Safety" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web-safety/A7B7FCB3-70AC-4FFA-B776-88438CC50CE2%40diladele.com.

Rafael Akchurin

Oct 4, 2022, 2:56:23 AM10/4/22
to web-s...@googlegroups.com

I am afraid you might be hitting https://github.com/diladele/websafety/issues/1779 - unless you deployed proxy transparently and did not block QUICK for example.

Rodney Baker

Oct 4, 2022, 8:20:46 AM10/4/22
to Diladele Web Safety
If the browser is using QUIC (not QUICK) it renders content filtering ineffective by encrypting the whole payload (including headers). I've found it necessary to block outbound traffic on UDP port 443 at the router/firewall, which forces the browser to fall back to https (TCP/443) and then https decryption works correctly (provided the Web Safety cert is correctly installed in the browser). This also applies to facebook and other some other social media platforms, too.

Rafael Akchurin

Oct 4, 2022, 9:19:27 AM10/4/22
to web-s...@googlegroups.com

So may I ask if you are using the proxy as transparent/intercept or browser is explicitly talking to proxy for access to YTR?

On Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at 17:26:23 UTC+10:30 rafael....@diladele.com wrote:

I am afraid you might be hitting https://github.com/diladele/websafety/issues/1779 - unless you deployed proxy transparently and did not block QUICK for example.

Shepherd Follower

Oct 7, 2022, 3:07:27 PM10/7/22
to Diladele Web Safety
I am a new tech support agent with the company I am working for so I am still learning.  I believe we are using a transparent proxy in between client and the internet.

Shepherd Follower

Oct 18, 2022, 4:26:09 PM10/18/22
to Diladele Web Safety
So this video is getting catagorized correctly and it is a blocked catagory but are there any simple settings to be changed on the websafety control panel to make it so a blocked catagory will be effective in blocking videos in that catagory?  Or do I need to do that blocking of outbound traffic on UDP port 443 at the router/firewall?  Just trying to make this filtering more effective for our users.
Shepherd Follower

youtube filtering problem.PNG