Cloudflare "Checking if the site connection is secure" never completes

Daryl W

Nov 15, 2022, 6:26:40 PM11/15/22
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello,
More and more website are implementing Cloudflare projections on their sites any I am bumping into more and more where the check never completes. I open the page and am hit with a message that says:
Capture.PNG

That little spinner will run forever and it never completes the check. I so nothing in websafety that indicates a block.

Any idea how to solve this increasingly problematic issue?

rafael....@diladele.com

Nov 16, 2022, 8:28:33 AM11/16/22
to Diladele Web Safety
Hello Daryl,

I also see those messages on some sites - but not on your example.
I have no idea what the algorithms detecting the proxy might be at cloudflare.

Are you deploying your proxy somewhere in the cloud where the public IP might be reused among the clients and get into some say - spam or public proxy database?

raf

Daryl W

Nov 16, 2022, 9:46:31 AM11/16/22
to web-s...@googlegroups.com
Raf,
Thanks for your reply. This proxy is being hosted on Microsoft Azure. Also, after I posted this, I noticed that on this particular website it worked in Chrome but not in Brave even though Brave shields was off. When I run into this again I will check that. It may very well be a browser issue rather than a proxy issue.

~Daryl