Is uploading new scripts to vim.org possible?

Lifepillar

Oct 14, 2023, 10:40:52 AM10/14/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I am not able to upload new scripts to www.vim.org. The "type" drop-down
is empty and there is no "upload/submit" button or similar. Is that
intentional?

Thanks,
Life.

Christian Brabandt

Oct 14, 2023, 11:36:53 AM10/14/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
of course not :) Sorry should be fixed now.

Thanks,
Christian
--
ADA:
Something you need only know the name of to be an Expert in
-- "Datamation", January 15, 1984

Lifepillar

Oct 14, 2023, 12:48:49 PM10/14/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2023-10-14, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:
>
>> I am not able to upload new scripts to www.vim.org. The "type" drop-down
>> is empty and there is no "upload/submit" button or similar. Is that
>> intentional?
>
> of course not :) Sorry should be fixed now.

Thanks, the page now look fine, but after pressing "upload",
add_script.php send me to an empty page and the plugin is not uploaded.

Life.

Christian Brabandt

Oct 14, 2023, 1:04:53 PM10/14/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:

> On 2023-10-14, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:
> >
> >> I am not able to upload new scripts to www.vim.org. The "type" drop-down
> >> is empty and there is no "upload/submit" button or similar. Is that
> >> intentional?
> >
> > of course not :) Sorry should be fixed now.
>
> Thanks, the page now look fine, but after pressing "upload",
> add_script.php send me to an empty page and the plugin is not uploaded.

Ah okay, I did not try to upload a new script. This also should work
now.

Thanks,
Christian
--
"You've got to have a gimmick if your band sucks."
-- Gary Giddens

Lifepillar

Oct 14, 2023, 6:26:44 PM10/14/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2023-10-14, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:

>> > of course not :) Sorry should be fixed now.
>>
>> Thanks, the page now look fine, but after pressing "upload",
>> add_script.php send me to an empty page and the plugin is not uploaded.
>
> Ah okay, I did not try to upload a new script. This also should work
> now.

Now, after pressing "upload" I'm sent back to the form page, but the
script is still not uploaded.

Life.

Christian Brabandt

Oct 15, 2023, 3:39:21 AM10/15/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:

> Now, after pressing "upload" I'm sent back to the form page, but the
> script is still not uploaded.

I tried it yesterday and it worked. I now tried it again and it still
works.

Let's take this off-list. Can we connect around 14:00 EST so I can watch
the log files while you are trying to do it?

Thanks,
Christian
--
Mary Tyler Moore's SEVENTH HUSBAND is wearing my DACRON TANK TOP in a
cheap hotel in HONOLULU!

Lifepillar

Oct 15, 2023, 5:20:05 AM10/15/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2023-10-15, Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:
>
>> Now, after pressing "upload" I'm sent back to the form page, but the
>> script is still not uploaded.
>
> I tried it yesterday and it worked. I now tried it again and it still
> works.
>
> Let's take this off-list. Can we connect around 14:00 EST so I can watch
> the log files while you are trying to do it?

Sorry, I had to go. Anyway, I've found that the problem is the upload
size limit, which my file, weighing at >500KB, exceeds. Somehow,
yesterday I've missed the "Request Entity Too Large" error at the top of
the page.

Removing some assets from the plugin has made the upload go through.

I will consider a different way of distributing the assets: in fact,
I don't like such large plugins myself.

Thanks for your support!
Life.

Gary Johnson

Oct 15, 2023, 1:45:13 PM10/15/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2023-10-15, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On Sa, 14 Okt 2023, Lifepillar wrote:
>
> > Now, after pressing "upload" I'm sent back to the form page, but the
> > script is still not uploaded.
>
> I tried it yesterday and it worked. I now tried it again and it still
> works.

I have a cron job that checks for new and changed scripts by
comparing certain sections of the scripts page to the previously
downloaded page. I was concerned that changes to the site might
break that cron job, but I am happy to report that it still works.

Regards,
Gary

Christian Brabandt

Oct 16, 2023, 4:10:53 AM10/16/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com

On So, 15 Okt 2023, Gary Johnson wrote:

> I have a cron job that checks for new and changed scripts by
> comparing certain sections of the scripts page to the previously
> downloaded page. I was concerned that changes to the site might
> break that cron job, but I am happy to report that it still works.

good to hear, thanks.

Christian
--
QOTD:
"If you keep an open mind people will throw a lot of garbage in it."