Build Vim without +vim9script

Lifepillar

Aug 11, 2022, 2:32:19 PM8/11/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to build Vim without support for Vim 9 script?

I would like to build Vim without +vim9script for testing purposes.
I have tried to pass --disable-vim9script to ./configure, but it does
not recognize the option. And I can't find anything related to Vim
9 script in feature.h.

Thanks,
Life.

Bram Moolenaar

Aug 11, 2022, 3:11:47 PM8/11/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Lifepillar
Simple answer: no.

--
You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Lifepillar

Aug 11, 2022, 5:16:45 PM8/11/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On 2022-08-11, Bram Moolenaar <Br...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

>> Is it possible to build Vim without support for Vim 9 script?
>>
>> I would like to build Vim without +vim9script for testing purposes.
>> I have tried to pass --disable-vim9script to ./configure, but it does
>> not recognize the option. And I can't find anything related to Vim
>> 9 script in feature.h.
>
> Simple answer: no.

Cool, thanks for confirming that I am not missing something. I will
build an old version then.

Thanks,
Life.