how to make vim's spell checking consider only british spelling correct?

Caveman Al Toraboran

Sep 14, 2020, 3:08:39 AM9/14/20
to v...@vim.org
hi - i have `:set spellang=en_gb spell`, but
things like "color" and "minimize" are still not
highlighted as false.

my goal is to have a 100% british english spell
checking.

Q: how to make vim consider them typos?

rgrds,
cm.

Caveman Al Toraboran

Sep 14, 2020, 3:14:34 AM9/14/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org
Sep 15, 2020, 7:48:46 PM9/15/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com, v...@vim.org
no reply yet. so i guess not easily possible?

Sep 15, 2020, 8:37:16 PM9/15/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
> Maybe your color scheme does not highlight the
> the group SpellLocal? For spell errors, Vim uses either
> SpellBad, SpellCap, SpellLocal or SpellRare. See
> their meaning in :help highlight-groups.

yes, that was it!

> What happens with a standard colorscheme of vim
> such as ":colorscheme desert"?

works! i should define ":hi SpellLocal ..." for
my custom-ish theme.

thanks a lot.