Vim Display issue on MacBook

Ajaya Ravindran

May 6, 2022, 3:52:07 AM5/6/22
to vim_use
Hi,

I am using a MacBook pro (macOS BigSur). I get the following display error when
trying to open Vim from an HPC machine (linux CentOS on which I don't have admin access). I find that this error pops up only for Vim (Able to open other X11 applications like xterm, xclock etc). And this error only comes in MacBook. Vim display from the same HPC works fine on a linux machine. Any idea why this happens? Tried reinstalling xquartz.

Couldn't open libGL.so.1: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
Vim: Finished.
E852: The child process failed to start the GUI

Best,
Ajaya

Bram Moolenaar

May 6, 2022, 6:02:42 AM5/6/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Ajaya Ravindran
I would think this Vim was not build properly, or targeted for a
different setup.

You can try running Vim with the -X argument.

109. You actually read -- and enjoy -- lists like this.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///