Null pointer in a string ^@ popup

Tatenda Biti

Feb 17, 2020, 12:40:26 PM2/17/20
to vim_use

I am trying to show a string with null pointers in a popup, I know if you write it to a buffer first with put or if if I echo the string the new lines(null pointers) are shown properly. Is there a way to show the text formatted correctly without writing it to a buffer first?

let winid = popup_create(lines, #{
        \ filter: function('s:popup_filter'),
        \ pos: 'botleft',
        \ line: 'cursor-1',