help to determine script type

sergio

Oct 14, 2019, 10:00:34 PM10/14/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'd like to publish my first script on vim.org. It updates bindzone's
serial on BufWrite. It's file type plugin, but not to be placed in
ftplugin folder. What are the types "patch" and "utility" used for?
Which type should I select: utility, patch or ftplugin?

--
sergio.

Andy Wokula

Oct 15, 2019, 12:06:08 PM10/15/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Am 15.10.2019 um 04:00 schrieb sergio:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to publish my first script on vim.org. It updates bindzone's
> serial on BufWrite. It's file type plugin, but not to be placed in
> ftplugin folder.

So it's a file type plugin that's not a file type plugin?

Eg you can do `:au Bindzone BufWrite <buffer> :...' from within an ftplugin script.
(with augroup Bindzone)

To just add functionality, you can name the file (eg)
ftplugin/bindzone_serial.vim

> What are the types "patch" and "utility" used for?
> Which type should I select: utility, patch or ftplugin?

To just add a global plugin: "utility".

--
Andy