RIP Bram

gra...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2023, 10:00:58 AM8/5/23
to vim_use

Salman Halim

Aug 5, 2023, 10:08:50 AM8/5/23
to Vim Users
Didn't even know he was unwell! Quite a shock, really.

Salman

Magnus Woldrich

Aug 5, 2023, 10:19:55 AM8/5/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Noo! What a chock! What happens now with the vim project?

Jorge Hernández

Aug 5, 2023, 12:03:54 PM8/5/23
to vim_use
I am deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Bram Moolenaar.

Steve Litt

Aug 5, 2023, 7:45:39 PM8/5/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
gra...@gmail.com said on Sat, 5 Aug 2023 07:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
This is horrible, awful news. Bram knew all the answers, was eager to
help everyone, guided the project well, and he was always nice. What a
gaping hole his loss leaves in free software.

SteveT

Efraim Yawitz

Aug 6, 2023, 5:09:01 AM8/6/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
This is terrible news, and not just because of Vim itself, of course. He was a unique and kind person, and I will miss him both for his effect on my life and for his own importance. I really feel personally broken over this, as I'm sure many others here do as well.

Efraim Yawitz

Aug 6, 2023, 6:17:45 AM8/6/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 5, 2023, 10:01 gra...@gmail.com <gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bram's last words (on vim-use):

I don't think we can fix this in Vim.  The error is valid, if we skip it
then mistakes will go unnoticed.  With Vim 9 script we want to find more
errors, not less.  So long as they are valid errors.

An idea we can take in a much more general sense, I believe.

Pablo Giménez

Aug 21, 2023, 7:59:48 PM8/21/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Very sad news.
One of the best open source developers, he has given so much to all the community.
Respect.

El sáb, 5 ago 2023 a las 16:01, gra...@gmail.com (<gra...@gmail.com>) escribió:

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez

Anton Shepelev

Sep 6, 2023, 12:07:24 PM9/6/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Magnus Woldrich:

> What happens now with the vim project?

Said news ideed. Bram was a genial UI desinger, and Vim's
interface is polished to excellence.

Great projects never die with their maintainers, even if
they become orphaned. I am happy user of Video Display
Editor[1] and other great disconinued software. Like gold,
it does not fade.
1. <https://archive.org/details/vde-197>
<https://web.archive.org/web/20201011200758/https://sites.google.com/site/vdeeditor/Home/about-vde>