[i and [I don't show first occurrence in python files

Jeenu

Dec 23, 2019, 11:23:12 AM12/23/19
to vim_use
If I've a Python file

from foo import bar

   qux = bar(...)

And I place the cursor on the 'bar' function invocation, and do [i or [I, I get E387 - Match is on the current line. From my experience with other text/source files (Java, for example) and documentation, I fully expect it to list the first occurrence, which is the very first import line.

I checked that [i and [I are not mapped to anything else.

Additionally, if I reset ft (while still inside the python file), it works

Can someone hint at why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jeenu