Using vim9 script in cmd-line without vim9cmd

21 vues

Girish

non lue,
15 mai 2024, 04:57:0115 mai
à vim_use
Can this feature be added without major upheaval? Basically, I want to execute vim9 script without typing 'vim9cmd' in command line. Turn off legacy script in command line, and only use vim9 script. Today, we cannot even declare a vim9 variable in command line.

Ubaldo Tiberi

non lue,
17 mai 2024, 05:50:3317 mai
à vim_use
As also wrote on github, I second this. However:

1. vim9 variables are script-scoped. If you declare from the command line, e.g. `:var a = 0` what shall be the scope of `a`?
2. Having an option set vim9cmdline (false as default) to switch the command line interpreter between legacy and vim9 script looks a viable idea to me

My 2 cents,
/Ubaldo
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur