Using Vim's logo for a tabletop game

try catch it

Dec 9, 2023, 11:35:02 AM12/9/23
to vim_use
Dear Vim community,

We hope this message finds you well. We are Clara Jiménez Recio and Celia Velasco Martínez and we are excitedly embarking on a personal project to create a tabletop game with a focus on the dev community.

The mechanics of our game, tentatively titled "try {} catch (it)", involve working with more than 50 logos of different programming tools. Multiple logos will appear on each card, and the gameplay is centered around identifying the matching logo in each pair of cards.

We are wondering whether it would be okay to include Vim's logo within the game. Of course, any required disclaimer would be included.

Many thanks,
Clara and Celia

Christian Brabandt

Dec 10, 2023, 9:27:59 AM12/10/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to see the game first. Unless it's some un-ethical usage of the
game play (or of the other logos used), that should be fine however.

It would be great, if you could link to the Vim.org homepage.

Thanks,
Christian
--
Sell by date stamped on bottom.