would my config be used?

Sebastian Gödecke

Jan 21, 2023, 7:11:44 AM1/21/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
i want to use a vim-configuration, that should be on every maschine, i connect with.
I use this here:
By creating a my_config.vim in main folder ~/.vim_runtime/ and configured a "real nice" config. There is an option be set with "set relativenumber" but this would be used, because i don't see it. I even don't see "set number". When i'm adding this in a running vim it worked perfect.
So someone has an idea, why my config with this option wouldn't be set? I check the dependencies and all were setup right.

Does someone of u has an idea?
Thanks and regards Sebastian

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sebastian Gödecke

Owajigbanam Ogbuluijah

Jan 21, 2023, 10:16:39 AM1/21/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Can you try adding set relativenumber to your configuration in ~/.vim_runtime? Does this work?

There's no place in amix/vimrc which explicitly sets or unsets relativenumber. But my guess is you can customize anything you want in your my_config.vim

Sebastian Gödecke

Jan 21, 2023, 2:16:19 PM1/21/23
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Ich changed this in my_config.vim there is the set relativenumber option.