Error starting :Termdebug

Uri Moszkowicz

May 1, 2021, 11:26:38 PM5/1/21
to vim_use
Hi,
I get this error running vim 8.2 when starting :Termdebug:

Error detected while processing function <SNR>2_StartDebug[2]..<SNR>2_StartDebug_internal[50]..<SNR>2_StartDebug_term:
line   97:
Cannot check if your gdb works, continuing anyway
Press ENTER or type command to continue

After a few seconds GDB starts anyway. Is there a way I can disable this error message?

Thanks,
Uri

Uri Moszkowicz

May 1, 2021, 11:26:38 PM5/1/21
to vim

Bram Moolenaar

May 2, 2021, 9:11:37 AM5/2/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Uri Moszkowicz
The plugin wants to check what features your gdb has. I wonder why this
takes so long. Perhaps there is another gdb argument to do this
quickly?

Do you see the "Reading symbols from" message? You could change the
plugin runtime/pack/dist/opt/termdebug/plugin/termdebug.vim

" Reading symbols might take a while, try more times
let try_count -= 1

Change "1" to a large number, e.g. "100" or "1000".
Let us know if that helps.

216. Your pet rock leaves home.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Christian Brabandt

May 2, 2021, 10:14:25 AM5/2/21
to vim_use
Haven't you just created an issue for this behaviour?
https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/8163

Did you try changing the mentioned limit? Please test out what limit
works for you.

Best,
Christian
--