home setting

Joseph

Aug 21, 2020, 12:50:05 PM8/21/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am using vim 8.1.1 on Windows 10 on a network where we have network drives as our home directory: H:. I still have a directory on the C drive C:\Users\<username>

I am trying to set the cdpath variable to the following:
set cdpath=.,H:\,C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\

The problem is that this becomes
cdpath=.,~,~\Downloads\

If I change my HOME environment variable to C:\Users\<username> it mostly works, but of course I want to leave the network drive as the home directory. Is there a way to force vim to use the fully qualified path names instead of automatically transforming them to ~.

I believe, though I am not certain, that this worked with vim 8.0.

Marvin Renich

Aug 21, 2020, 1:55:10 PM8/21/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com, vim...@googlegroups.com
* Joseph <kingca...@gmail.com> [200821 12:50]:
I'm not sure, but at first glance, this seems like a bug to me. Vim
should not change both "H:\" and "C:\Users\<username>" to "~" when
parsing cdpath.

I assume you are setting this in your vimrc? What does Vim think your
$HOME is immediately before setting cdpath (try adding echo $HOME
immediately before your cdpath command).

I'm adding vim_dev to CC; perhaps someone there can give a more definite
answer.

...Marvin