Side-effects of <2-LeftMouse> of Vim with manpager in Terminal.app

Yongwei Wu

Mar 24, 2020, 4:35:15 AM3/24/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I have recently found the manpager plugin, and am using it (it is cool!). One problem is that it does not map double-click, like the help file. So I added in my .vimrc:

au FileType man  nmap <buffer> <2-leftmouse> <C-]>

Then, to my bewilderment, I found it worked, but caused unwanted terminal (non-Vim) selection (from top-left to the cursor position). More investigation showed this happened only with the macOS Terminal app, but not iTerm2, or a Linux gnome-terminal. Before I dismissed it as a Terminal bug, double-click in a help file worked very well in the macOS terminal...

Anyone encountered similar problems or had a solution? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Yongwei Wu