Markdown with LSD-hallucinations... :)

tu...@posteo.de

Nov 30, 2020, 1:42:26 PM11/30/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I often come across markdown files - mostly wth github repos.
When browsing those with vim I often feel like I had licked
a "ticket" with LSD:
LOTS of bright colors and marks, which do highlight that
much, that a deep shadow falls onto any information, that
may be there before... ;) :)

Is there any recommended addon or syntax file or anything else,
which make browsing markdown files legal again according the
drug regulation laws? ;) :)

Cheers!
Meino

BPJ

Nov 30, 2020, 2:06:22 PM11/30/20
to vim_use
:setl syntax=

 maybe? :-)

Cheers!
Meino

tu...@posteo.de

Nov 30, 2020, 11:30:11 PM11/30/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

...turns any syntax element red...

:|

On 11/30 08:05, BPJ wrote:
> Den mån 30 nov. 2020 19:43 <tu...@posteo.de> skrev:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I often come across markdown files - mostly wth github repos.
> > When browsing those with vim I often feel like I had licked
> > a "ticket" with LSD:
> > LOTS of bright colors and marks, which do highlight that
> > much, that a deep shadow falls onto any information, that
> > may be there before... ;) :)
> >
> > Is there any recommended addon or syntax file or anything else,
> > which make browsing markdown files legal again according the
> > drug regulation laws? ;) :)
> >

> :setl syntax=
>
> maybe? :-)
>

> > Cheers!
> > Meino
> ---
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CADAJKhCy9_H-W2eDzLL4H0BvcmLYTGwMm0KrgNXrz5hhtNh%3DnQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Suresh Govindachar

Nov 30, 2020, 11:57:03 PM11/30/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com

[after starting a thread concerning seeing strange colors for markdown
files] On 11/30/2020 8:29 PM, tu...@posteo.de wrote:

> On 11/30 08:05, BPJ wrote:
>>
>> :setl syntax=
>>
>> maybe? :-)
>>
> ..turns any syntax element red...

1) What does ":echo colors_name" report?
2) What happens with ":set ft="?

tu...@posteo.de

Dec 2, 2020, 10:54:22 AM12/2/20
to 'Suresh Govindachar' via vim_use

1) felipec
2) set all used colors for syntax elements to red - same effect than
:setl syntax=

Felipe Contreras

Dec 2, 2020, 7:33:13 PM12/2/20
to vim_use

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 9:54:22 AM UTC-6 tu...@posteo.de wrote:

1) felipec

Hello :)

2) set all used colors for syntax elements to red - same effect than
:setl syntax=

There must be something wrong on your configuration. Have you tried with an empty .vimrc?

This is how asciidoc markdown looks on my side with my colorscheme:

Cheers.

rwmit...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2020, 6:10:14 AM12/3/20
to vim_use
I've never done anything stronger than aspirin, could you post a screen shot of this experience?

tu...@posteo.de

Dec 4, 2020, 1:23:41 AM12/4/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com

> ---

ok...the image looks much more sane as what I get...

Will check later, whether an empty config file will help...
Are there certain kind of config suspicious for screwing up things
like this?

Cheers!
Meino

Steve Litt

Dec 7, 2020, 10:11:14 AM12/7/20
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 16:33:13 -0800 (PST)
Felipe Contreras <felipe.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is how asciidoc markdown looks on my side with my colorscheme:
>
> https://snipboard.io/jDiaJK.jpg
>
> Cheers.

I've seen worse.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive

rwmit...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2020, 10:54:56 AM12/7/20
to vim_use
Felipe wasn't the one complaining, he was showing a good colorization example.