Termdebug in vim9?

Ubaldo Tiberi

May 14, 2024, 10:34:43 AMMay 14
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was in need of a debugger for embedded systems and I built all a machinery around Termdebug. I eventually made it work in satisfactory manner, or., let's say, it met my needs. However, I wanted to make some other changes and I figured that I had to change the Termdebug source code. However, given that I cannot script with the legacy language, and given that I had a surgery ten days ago that keep me locked at home (all good and all fine if you were asking) I took the freedom of converting Termdebug in Vim9 language. I tested it a bit and it seems to work fine.

If you want to give it a shot and give some feedback, here is where it is stored:

There is also the original plugin in legacy scripting language. If you open both the versions in a vertical split, then you can compare them back-to-back fairly easily. There is also a changes.txt so you can see my intentions on what I wish to do with it. :)

If you believe that the work is well-done I can issue a PR towards Vim repo. Or I can make some changes reported in changes.txt file and make a PR. You let me know :)
Otherwise if you think it's a bad porting (and I would be perfectly fine with that given that I am an applied mathematician, not a programmer :D) I will hack the current version by throwing away all the things that I don't need and use the "leftovers" it as basis for a plugin that I actually kinda need. :)

Cheers,
/Ubaldo