Spell checking not working correctly for me

Niels Kobschätzki

Sep 16, 2020, 12:08:54 AM9/16/20
to vim_use
Hi,

yesterday I tried in a long time the spell checking feature. Besides a strange German dictionary “z=“ does not work for me. When I hit z= the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line. ctrl+x s works though for getting spelling suggestions. Any ideas how I can figure out what the reason for that behavior is?

Also it can take ages to show suggestions when I have longer words. Is that normal behavior?

Best

Niels

Paul

Sep 20, 2020, 1:42:40 PM9/20/20
to vim_use
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 06:08:38AM +0200, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
>yesterday I tried in a long time the spell checking feature. Besides a strange German dictionary “z=“ does not work for me. When I hit z= the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line. ctrl+x s works though for getting spelling suggestions. Any ideas how I can figure out what the reason for that behavior is?

Try ":verbose nmap z" to see if you have any mappings that start with "z".

>Also it can take ages to show suggestions when I have longer words. Is that normal behavior?

No.
signature.asc

Christian Brabandt

Sep 21, 2020, 5:11:32 AM9/21/20
to vim_use
Looks like a regression caused by using different dictionary.

https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/6972
https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/6963#issuecomment-693483158

Best,
Christian
--
Alles ist klar und keiner weiß Bescheid.

Niels Kobschätzki

Sep 21, 2020, 5:13:18 AM9/21/20
to vim_use
On 20 Sep 2020, at 19:42, Paul wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 06:08:38AM +0200, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
>> yesterday I tried in a long time the spell checking feature. Besides
>> a strange German dictionary “z=“ does not work for me. When I hit
>> z= the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line. ctrl+x s works
>> though for getting spelling suggestions. Any ideas how I can figure
>> out what the reason for that behavior is?
>
> Try ":verbose nmap z" to see if you have any mappings that start with
> "z".

No mapping found

Niels

Niels Kobschätzki