How to profile next command

Ni Va

Dec 24, 2019, 5:16:24 AM12/24/19
to vim_use
Hi,

I note that next command has a slow jumping to next odd.

How can I profile next command  ?

Thank you
NiVa

Ni Va

Dec 24, 2019, 5:37:12 AM12/24/19
to vim_use
if it can help.

This mapping is bad :  nnoremap noh :noh<cr>

It takes 2 seconds before jumping to next occurence when you search for a sentence.

Tony Mechelynck

Dec 24, 2019, 6:12:15 AM12/24/19
to vim_use
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 11:37 AM Ni Va <niva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if it can help.
>
> This mapping is bad : nnoremap noh :noh<cr>
>
> It takes 2 seconds before jumping to next occurence when you search for a sentence.

This is expected: when you type n to search for next match after
having defined this mapping, Vim waits for 'timeoutlen' millseconds
(default 1000) to see if an o is coming (and if it is, then an h). You
could either define a second mapping, e.g. ":nnoremap nn n" or forgo
your noh mapping altogether.

Best regards,
Tony.