Re: vim airline too consumption starting time

Marek Stepanek

Oct 30, 2022, 3:34:50 PM10/30/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Bonsoir Nicolas,

how do you start vimprofiler, please. I have a starting time over 20 seconds of VimR, after restarting my macOS. Second time it is starting normally.

Best greetings

marek

On 30. Oct 2022, at 07:28, Nicolas <niva...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

Regarding this screenshot, is there a way to reduce Vim startup time consumed a lot by vim -airline, is there a port in vim9 of your plugin  ?

Thank you

<Capture d’écran 2022-10-30 072801.png>

Nicolas

<Capture d’écran 2022-10-30 072801.png>

Nicolas

Oct 30, 2022, 3:56:33 PM10/30/22
to vim_use
Hi Marek,

Just as documented by vim's help in it's simple way:

vim --startuptime vim.log
profile func *
profile other thing *

I just noticed that airline consumption is 9 out of 13-15 seconds and find that amazing.

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

Nicolas

Oct 30, 2022, 10:36:37 PM10/30/22
to vim_use
Exact lines in $MYVIMRC

profile start $tmp/vimprofiler.log
profile file *
profile func *

Nicolas

Oct 30, 2022, 10:44:38 PM10/30/22
to vim_use
Removing airline in th e benefit of powerline, no comment.
Nicolas

Capture d’écran 2022-10-31 034413.png

Marek Stepanek

Nov 1, 2022, 6:42:52 AM11/1/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour Nicolas,

I don't want to highjack your thread. But I have the same problem: vimr or neovim are starting for the first time after restart of my macOS very slowly (more than 20 seconds). But the command `vimr --startuptime vimr.log` does not work in my shell. Same with `neovim` and also with `sudo` ... The command works seamlessly with vim; but here I have no starting problems, because vim has nearly no plugins.

Perhaps could somebody could help here?

marek

ps: should I open an own thread perhaps?

Enan Ajmain

Nov 1, 2022, 6:49:18 AM11/1/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 11:42:43 +0100
"'Marek Stepanek' via vim_use" <vim...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> ps: should I open an own thread perhaps?

Yes.

--
Enan

Christian Brabandt

Nov 2, 2022, 6:59:19 AM11/2/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
[re-sending, because I was using the wrong E-Mail address :( ]

Am 2022-10-30 07:28, schrieb Nicolas:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Regarding this screenshot, is there a way to reduce Vim startup time
> consumed a lot by vim -airline, is there a port in vim9 of your plugin
> ?

Please try to enable the vim9 Script part of Vim-airline:
https://github.com/vim-airline/vim-airline/blob/0ed7b8bb2ed68d65a5ba55317896680b31d315b0/doc/airline.txt#L123-L125

It should give much better performance for the performance critical
parts of the plugin (mainly the highighting engine).

Thanks,
Chris

Nicolas

Nov 2, 2022, 7:06:01 AM11/2/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
I will.
Thank you Christian.

Nicolas

Nov 2, 2022, 4:32:16 PM11/2/22
to vim_use
Capture d’écran 2022-11-02 213053.png

Ok Tested with gvim x64 patch 0828 and it is fast on Win11 Ryzen 7

Thank you Christian !