Profiling startuptime > menu.vim take 500ms

Ni Va

Jun 1, 2022, 3:39:45 AM6/1/22
to vim_use
Hi,

Is it possible to reduce startuptime that menu.vim seems to take ? about 500ms?

Capture.PNG

Thank you
NV

Christian Brabandt

Jun 1, 2022, 5:20:47 AM6/1/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Am 2022-06-01 09:39, schrieb Ni Va:
> Is it possible to reduce startuptime that menu.vim seems to take ?
> about 500ms?

If you do not use the menu, you can skip it by setting `:set
guioptions+=M` at the very beginning of your .vimrc.

See `:h 'go-M'`

Thanks,
Chris

Bram Moolenaar

Jun 1, 2022, 7:33:50 AM6/1/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Ni Va

> Is it possible to reduce startuptime that menu.vim seems to take ? about
> 500ms?

There is something wrong with your setup, all the "self" times are zero.
Not sure why that happens.

On my system menu.vim only takes 4 msec to load. Perhaps you are using
translatins? Try this:
:set langmenu=none
Make sure it's set before menus are loaded.

--
ARTHUR: Well, I AM king...
DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin'

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Ni Va

Jun 1, 2022, 8:50:35 AM6/1/22
to vim_use
Hi Bram, Chris,

Sometimes I use the menu, hélas :)

I tried set langmenu=none in first line of $MYVIMRC but it seems to get same long time.

If you have time to look at, this is my purified standalone distro under win10 :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zuDsEuYe3XtEghZn0FIkGnyp0QLr1L_m/view?usp=sharing

Have a good day
Nicolas

Ni Va

Jun 1, 2022, 8:51:14 AM6/1/22
to vim_use
Capture.PNG

Jun 1, 2022, 9:13:43 AM6/1/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
ср, 1 июн. 2022 г. в 15:51, Ni Va <niva...@gmail.com>:

The real slowdown is due to GUI startup.

If you want to check how exactly slow the menu script is then try `gvim --cmd 'let did_install_default_menus=1' --startuptime start_no_menu` and compare.

It could take about extra 100ms but no more.

Regards,
Matvey