Vim-Plug’s “PlugInstall” fails

Eric Weir

May 11, 2022, 2:51:15 PM5/11/22
to vim_use

Attempting to get Vim-Plug set up in my MacVim installation. I’ve got the script in ~/vim/autoload and the call to it and my plugins list in my .vimrc. However when I issue PlugInstall the process aborts with this error message:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Help appreciated. I am a minimally proficient vim user, a writer not coder.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA

eew...@comcast.net

"It has all been combustion.”

- W.G.  Sebald

John Passaro

May 12, 2022, 6:06:32 PM5/12/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
at a glance it seems possible you need to install xcode, it is the standard way to bootstrap a lot of standard building-stuff-relevant command line tools that vim-plug probably takes for granted, git for example. I don't have a handy link but it should be easy to search for. Also check the mac's app store.

Alessandro Antonello

May 12, 2022, 7:01:32 PM5/12/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Eric.

Em qua., 11 de mai. de 2022 às 15:51, Eric Weir <eew...@comcast.net> escreveu:

Attempting to get Vim-Plug set up in my MacVim installation. I’ve got the script in ~/vim/autoload and the call to it and my plugins list in my .vimrc. However when I issue PlugInstall the process aborts with this error message:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

Help appreciated. I am a minimally proficient vim user, a writer not coder.

For some executables to run, you need to install Xcode Developer Tools on your Mac. You can do that by typing in a terminal:

$ xcode-select --install

The error shown to you suggests to me that you haven't those tools installed.

Eric Weir

Jun 1, 2022, 11:58:20 AM6/1/22
to vim_use
Thanks, Alessandro. Yes, I was alerted to that by vim-plug’s developer. I have installed the tools.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USAe...@comcast.net

"Human coexistence and social life constitute the good common
to us all from which...all cultural and social goods derive."

- Zygmunt Bauman