Normal commands forbidden in command line

Matan Nassau

Apr 4, 2024, 6:35:35 PMApr 4
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Why are some normal commands not allowed in the command line window? I’m thinking of Q in particular, but I see there are others as well: ctrl-t, ctrl-^, …

I was looking to avoid the ‘Entering Ex mode’ message, and it seems to me the only way might be to filter it out with :filter. But, it doesn’t seem possible to get into Ex mode from the command line.

Matan

joshuarose

Apr 5, 2024, 1:57:24 AMApr 5
to vim...@googlegroups.com
> Why are some normal commands not allowed in the command line window?

Why would they be? There is no use for them there.