encryption with vim

Mathieu Roux

Jun 17, 2019, 5:00:01 AM6/17/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I use encryption with vim.
I just do :X
and then i write 2 times my password.
After my file is crypted.

1) What about now, if i want to cancel encryption (i don't want
password anymore).
If i try set key=
it does not work: again the same password when i open vim again.

2) And what about now if i want to change password?
If i do :X in the open file, and enter 2 times my new password, it is
the same... when i close the file and open it again, only the old
password is ok.

Best regards,
Mathieu

Paul

Jun 17, 2019, 2:32:59 PM6/17/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Yank and paste to a new buffer/file?
signature.asc

Bram Moolenaar

Jun 17, 2019, 2:38:47 PM6/17/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu Roux

Mathieu Roux wrote:

> I use encryption with vim.
> I just do :X
> and then i write 2 times my password.
> After my file is crypted.
>
> 1) What about now, if i want to cancel encryption (i don't want
> password anymore).
> If i try set key=
> it does not work: again the same password when i open vim again.

You need to write the file:
:set key=
:write

> 2) And what about now if i want to change password?
> If i do :X in the open file, and enter 2 times my new password, it is
> the same... when i close the file and open it again, only the old
> password is ok.

Sounds like you are missing the write here as well.

216. Your pet rock leaves home.

Mathieu Roux

Jun 17, 2019, 2:52:17 PM6/17/19
to Bram Moolenaar, vim...@googlegroups.com