Command Line Bookmark manager

rameo

Jul 16, 2021, 5:37:44 AM7/16/21
to vim_use
Hi,

Is there a possibility in Vim or a script that allows us to Bookmark or Pin Command Line commands?

I know there is such a thing for files and directories (eg FavMenu) but is there something similar for search and execute commands?

Thanks in advance.

rwmit...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2021, 10:37:21 AM7/16/21
to vim_use
Just to be clear, are you referring to Vim command line commands (:) or terminal/shell command line?

rameo

Jul 16, 2021, 11:01:21 AM7/16/21
to vim_use
Hi,

Vim command line commands

Steve Litt

Jul 17, 2021, 11:37:56 AM7/17/21
to vim...@googlegroups.com
rameo said on Fri, 16 Jul 2021 02:37:44 -0700 (PDT)

>Hi,
>
>Is there a possibility in Vim or a script that allows us to Bookmark
>or Pin Command Line commands?

You might like UMENU2: http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/umenu2/

SteveT

Steve Litt

rameo

Jul 19, 2021, 8:37:12 AM7/19/21
to vim_use
Thank you, even though it looks really good, it's much more than I wanted.
I was looking for something in vim itself and only focused on saving vim search/exec commands (like a bookmark manager).

steva...@asu.edu

Jul 20, 2021, 1:09:17 PM7/20/21
to vim_use
Rameo - I am not certain that I understand what you are seeking, but possibly a personalized reference resource within VIM (e.g., see the following link) would be helpful. Stevan