clipbaord internals ques

已查看 19 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

M Kelly

未读,
2020年5月18日 00:02:442020/5/18
收件人 vim_use
Hi,

Just curious, what is the mechanism by which vim saves to the clipboard ?
For example if I am on a X11 system but in termnal vim and I have clipboard set to unnamed
and I highlight in visual mode some lines and then y(ank) them - does vim use OSC 52 ?
Or does it (even tho its the terminal) use X11 to update the PRIMARY ?
I will try to figure this out from the code but just wondered if anyone knew this already.

thx as always for all things vim,
-m

Ken Takata

未读,
2020年5月20日 02:43:232020/5/20
收件人 vim_use
Hi,
Vim uses X11 even on terminal to support clipboard.
If you use Vim which is compiled without X11, you will find that the clipboard feature (in output of `:version`)
is disabled.

Regards,
Ken Takata
回复全部