visual select in Co mode ?

M Kelly

Mar 25, 2020, 1:08:08 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
Hi,

My visual selection works great in normal, visual and insert modes, but when I enter command mode via a '/' or ':' then I can no longer select with the mouse the same way.
It seems as tho I am using x selection (ie like shift+mouse) instead of visual selection.
I tried changing imaps to lmaps but no difference.
Is this expected / the way it must be ?

thx,
-m

M Kelly

Mar 25, 2020, 2:27:36 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
Hi,

What colour would the highlighting be when in command-mode ?
It is not the same as hi Visual setting.

thx,
-m

M Kelly

Mar 25, 2020, 3:29:44 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
Hi,

To be clear I do not mean the colour of highlighing anything in the command-line.
I mean highlighing other text above the command-line.
Like for example if you were to enter command-mode with a '/' and then use the mouse to highlight some text above to then paste in the command-line.

thx,
-m

Tony Mechelynck

Mar 25, 2020, 6:27:27 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
In command-line mode you can only use modeless selection: indeed at
that time the active cursor is not in any edit window. It works even
in gvim.

See
:help modeless-selection
:help modeless-and-clipboard

Best regards,
Tony.

> ---

M Kelly

Mar 25, 2020, 6:56:38 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
Hi,

Thank you Tony.

-m

M Kelly

Mar 25, 2020, 9:04:42 PM3/25/20
to vim_use
Hi,

I added:

set clipboard^=autoselectml guioptions+=A

and now I can drag/double click and paste to the command-line.

Would be cool if the highlight colour matched visual but no problem :-)

thanks again always for all your great info and help,
-m