Re: Vim 9.0 generates 8.2 file

Bram Moolenaar

Jul 18, 2022, 12:51:42 PM7/18/22
to vim...@googlegroups.com, Igor

> On Windows 10 I downloaded latest Vim build 9.0.0055.
> I deleted file C:\Users\<my_user>\.viminfo
> I opened vim do some changes in one of my files and closed down Vim.
> I opened C:\Users\<my_user>\.viminfo and in the first line there is still
> info:
> *# This viminfo file was generated by Vim 8.2.*
>
> It is not a big deal, but I somehow expect to get *9.0* in comment.

Please check you actually execute the right Vim program. You may have
several in your search path. Use ":version" to check. For me the
.viminfo file definitely says 9.0.

--
I AM THANKFUL...
...for the taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed.

/// \\\
\\\ sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ ///

Igor

Jul 19, 2022, 1:01:03 AM7/19/22
to vim_use
This is probably false alarm. For some reason there was file .viminfo that now I see it was last modified 2021-10-28 and this file has info "Vim 8.2", but now I see I also have _viminfo file that has current date. I closed down Vim, deleted both files, opened vim v9, edited some file and closed vim again. Now I see _viminfo file was created with correct "9.0" info in comment, but no more .viminfo. It may be that .viminfo for some reason existed in vim 8.2 or something...